So, its time for a change and you are planning a home move. Here are 7 easy ways to Wow potential buyers to ensure your home stands out from the competition.
- Shovel, Snip & Pick up. Keeping your front yard and entry to the home in top condition speaks loudly to potential buyers about how well you have maintained the property overall. Depending on the season, keep grass cut and debris away from doorways, clear snow and ice from walkways and driveways, and if you own pets, pick up any deposits they may have left behind. Remember, First Impressions are Crucial, and your homes “showing” includes both the inside and outside spaces, and begins the minute your home comes in to view.
- De-Clutter. It’s all about the sense of space, so do your best to make every room in the home feel roomy. Choosing to pre-pack and store household items that are not regularly used, or larger furniture pieces that make moving through a room a tight squeeze, will clear walking paths and sight lines making rooms feel larger and more spacious.
- Light it up. Make sure all lightbulbs, both on the inside and the outside of the home are working properly, open the drapes or window blinds, and turn on all table lamps. Prospective buyers are there to SEE your entire home; making sure the whole property is brightly lit ensures a good viewing and shows off your homes in its best possible light.
- Pops of color. Pick one or two bold colors to use sparingly in a few strategic areas of your home. The colors you choose should work nicely with your existing color palette to create an eye-catching contrast that makes a lasting impression on those viewing the home. A little color goes a long way, so don’t overdo it.
- Make it Sunny. Oils from cooking and dust from natural elements cause a thin layer of buildup to form on windows. Where possible, clean both sides of the window glass to allow for more natural sunlight to come through the windows resulting in a brighter home interior.
- Keep it Fresh. Freshly citrus and Fresh baked cookies top the list of smells that tend to trigger fond memories. Making sure not to overdo it, use cleaning products that are lightly scented when giving your home a good scrub. If you choose the fresh baked route, and don’t know what to do with all the cookies afterwards, just give our team a call and we’d be happy to help you out.
- Set the stage. Your home is on display for literally “everyone” to come and see, so it’s important to keep it clean and clutter free while creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Keep it simple and inexpensive by borrowing a few of trendy home décor pieces from family or friends. Strategically placed toss cushions or throw blankets, combined with a coffee table book, battery-operated candles and a silk plant or two will produce a cozy setting that invites potential buyers to envision themselves living in the home.
Lucky for you, we also have a 2 Interior Designers on our team. So, if you find yourself in need of a little extra professional advice, were happy to help, offering personal tips so your home can Wow potential buyers.
Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed.